Purchases made between October 16th - December 24th may be returned through January 23rd, 2017. Our standard return policy will apply to all purchases made beginning December 26th.
return policy for items purchased online
Not what you had in mind? Not a problem. Returns are absolutely free in store and so easy by mail.
If you're not satisfied with your online purchase, don’t hesitate to return it within 30 days of your order date, unless otherwise noted on the packing slip. We accept returns with either your receipt or your shipping confirmation email. The packing slip you receive with your order is your receipt.
Before placing your return, check if your item is eligible for return, as some items may be final sale or subject to additional return restrictions. You can find this information in the returns column of your receipt. (This information also appears on the product description page, so you may review it before making your purchase.) Also, be sure to review the specific terms for your preferred method of return (either by mail or in store).
1. Returns received (1) more than 30 days after your order date, (2) without a receipt or (3) with a gift receipt will receive a merchandise credit. This credit is redeemable online or in store at any T.J.Maxx location.
2. Purchases made partly or entirely with a T.J.Maxx Gift Card will receive a merchandise credit when they are returned. This credit is redeemable online or in store at any T.J.Maxx location.
3. Lost your receipt? It happens. Return your item(s) with a copy of your shipping confirmation email instead and we’ll treat it the same.
4. Merchandise bought in store cannot be returned by mail. Merchandise that is used or worn will not be accepted for refund or merchandise credit. Gift cards are not eligible for returns.
5. Due to our ever-changing inventory, exchanges are not available for online orders.
6. Shipping and handling costs are non-refundable, unless the merchandise is defective.
7. Unfortunately, many retailers are subject to fraudulent return activity. Returns may also be limited or declined based upon our refund verification systems, which are used to process and track returns to help administer our loss prevention program.
8. Purchases made with PayPal and that are returned to a T.J.Maxx store will receive any refund in the form of a merchandise credit.
9. Other restrictions may apply.
returning your online purchase by mail
Returns by mail are accepted if they arrive at our warehouse within 30 days of your order date. For an easy return by mail, use the return shipping label we’ve included on your receipt (a return shipping and handling fee of $9.99 will be deducted from your refund or merchandise credit) and drop your package off at any UPS location. Be sure to include your receipt (or a copy of your shipping confirmation email) in your package. Returns that arrive at the warehouse more than 30 days after the original order date may qualify for a merchandise credit. To avoid return shipping and handling costs, please bring your online purchase to a T.J.Maxx store near you.
returning your online PayPal® purchase by mail
If you return your items to tjmaxx.com, you will receive a refund, minus the return shipping fee.
returning your online purchase in store
In store returns, which are also subject to the above restrictions, are accepted within 30 days of your order date. If your purchase is eligible for an in store return, bring your item(s) and either your receipt or shipping confirmation email to your nearest T.J.Maxx location.
Your signature is required for any in store return. For returns without a receipt, you’ll need to provide a valid government issued photo ID, name, address, and signature. To learn about how we use and handle your information, please see our Privacy Notice.
If I pay with PayPal® and return my item to a T.J.Maxx® store, how do you refund my money?
If you return your items to a T.J.Maxx® store, you will receive any refund due to you in the form of a merchandise credit.
tjmaxx.com refund information
After we’ve received your qualifying tjmaxx.com return, in most cases your account will be credited within 10 to 14 business days, depending on your bank and/or billing cycle. Merchandise credits will be issued for eligible returns after we’ve received the return.